juliette

Friday, May 18, 2007

Inch Art

I have been cruising about the blogs and, I don't think she will mind if I mention her blog, Art Junk Girl, she has a wonderful addiction to inch art. Lots of little (what I think are) one inch squares of the most fab art piece. I say addiction in a good way because her site has tons of them and she has incorporated the greatest little collage in that small space. I don't believe it. I have a hard time with the atc format that some times I want to pull my hair out and she is doing great art in a smaller space. You go, Art junk Girl!!! Amazing. To all the little square art girls out there, lovely. I might have to try it myself. If I think 2" x 3" is a crazy size, I wonder what I will be thinking at the INCH. Let me say that when the atc craze began, and it's still going wild, I resisted it for as long as I could. The size just throw me for a loop. But I jumped into the deep end, and found I love it now. I even joined an exclusive group of 12 like mind gals in the pursuit. Making atcs (12 of them) every month as made me appreciate the art form. I do make 12 like atcs each month for the exchange but each theme is a challenge and I do love a challenge. I wonder about the fear of the size because I am not known for making large art pieces. One never knows what will hold you back.

No comments: