juliette

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Playing catch up......

I have been busy lately and thought I would play catch up and let you know what I have been up to. Last week end I was at my Mom's for a garage sale. Oh my, it took a lot of time to dig through all my stuff and price it and then carry it to her garage and set up and blah, blah, blah!!!
Well, it was a hot and humid week end (so what else is new) and Friday was a bust, hardly no one came around but Saturday was a busy day and I cleared out most of my stuff. I love the holidays and let go of some on my fall and winter decorations but no one was buy. I guess they have plenty of their own, so all of it is going to charity and I am sure some one will enjoy the holidays dishes and decorations. It seems everyone is looking for certain things, one guy wanted musical instruments for children. I couldn't figure that out. Others were looking for watches, old radios and tools. We had nothing but clothes and decorations, jewelry, shoes, purses and an assortment of things they weren't looked for. I know when I go I am only looking for certain things, too. I am looking for all the goodies I see on other blogs. Give me a break, if I found some of the things they do, I wouldn't be home on week ends but out there hoping to find the goodies they do. Although last year, I went to a sale and was surprised at how little this sale was offering. Then I found what I had been looking for, old record album binders, you know, the hard cover books with Kraft paper envelopes with the old 78s still inside. And this place had 4 of them, 3 large, one with 45s and I didn't want to get too excited because the price wasn't on the albums but I wanted them On line I saw them for $35 and $35 dollars, I got all 4 for $4. Can you believe that!?!?! So I grabbed them up and it made my year. Knowing what I could have paid for them , I left a generous donation for a location food drive that the couple supported.

I am also working on 31 charms for a swap, getting ready to see a dear friend next week and just creating and trying to keep up with the laundry and house work. Why do women have so do that stuff like laundry and dusting? I did get a much needed vacuum cleaner (oh joy) so I have been playing with that, too. I hadn't vacuumed in weeks!!!

So I have brought you up to date, let me know what you are up to.

No comments: