juliette

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Mom"s Picture

This is a picture of their Mom as a little girl. This photo is in Din's book. Theie Mom was an artist and her picture which I copied b/w and cut out and chalked was laid on a copy of a picture she painted which I copied on canvas paper and attached to a canvas board. Then I laid a transparency over it. The transparency reads " I grew up to be a daughter, sister, sweetheart, wife, mother, traveler, artist, companion and friend. I grew up to love my family and friends and the world around me. A life fulfilled." Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

firstborn studio said...

this is absolutely gorgeous,the use of the chalks on the b/w photo(adorable i might add) and the transparency with such fitting words is the perfect touch.
you have amazing talent,sister,and i can see more commisions like this one coming your way...are you ready?!!
xod

Artist in Progress said...

Thank you, D. I love the covers and so thrilled you do 2. Commissions, no, that was it for me, time to move on and do other things. Of course, I used a lot of things I have seen in your artwork, thanks art sister!