juliette

Sunday, May 22, 2005

DEFY GRAVITY!!!

That's what Elphaba says. Elphaba is the Wicked Witch of the West and the lead character in Wicked, the musical I saw today. It was incredible, colorful, funny and amazing. I am so glad that my sister treated me to seeing this musical. I loved it.

I think as artists - we should all defy gravity!! What a wonderful freeing attitude, or artitude if you like. Elphaba was saying that even tho you are green, not popular and different from the rest, you can put yourself out there and show everyone that you have something special to offer.
Think about that when you won't join art swaps or altered book round robins because you can't imagine anyone else liking your art. Don't be silly, you know you do your art for yourself 1st. It's not really important what others think, just do it. Send your art out there as your statement that you are different and wonderful, just like Elphaba. Aren't we all a little bit like her? I am. And I will continue to defy gravity until I have touched the moon.

No comments: