juliette

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

New books


Okay, I went to Border's to pick up my Harry book and I was so close to Paper Source (one of my favorite places and just across the street from Border's about a half block down) and I was looking for new and wonderful things to play with. Just before I was ready to check out, 2 giant books caught my eye. Really giant coloring and doodling/scribbling books. The pages are not numbered so I can't tell you how many pages but they are big. One is a doodles coloring book and the other a scribbling color book, the author is Taro Gomi and he does very child like drawings and then invites you to fill in the rest. You might be thinking, what was I thinking, well, when I saw all the prompts, blank spaces and some very clever options for art, I thought I would add to the pages with my own altering art. For instance, he prompts you to dress figures, put sails on boats, flags on poles, draw children to go with grownups pictures on the pages, there are several great papges of his drawing of people and you fill in the caption balloons and on and on. I said here is a way to experiment with art and to just let go and have a little fun. These are Chronicle Books, Scribbles by Taro Gomi and Doodles by Taro Gomi. Oh, and did I say perfect for all ages 3 to 99? I fit in there somewhere.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: